"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." (Ephesians 2:10)
"But, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love. (Ephesians 4:15-16)
Our work here at Mt. Washington includes:
- Bible Classes for all ages (toddler/baby class through Adults) Sunday Morning and Wednesday night. We are blessed with many families with children of all ages and wonderfully talented teachers and volunteers. All are committed to serving God and raising up godly, blessed children.
- Children’s Class is every Sunday evening at 4:40 PM, before evening worship. Children sing, recite Bible verses, and answer Bible questions.
- Women's Class is usually every 4th Monday of the Month, at 7 PM. We also have a Men’s Class every 1st Thursday of the month, at 7PM.
Meetings & Bible Studies
- Gospel Meetings are held twice a year.
- Vacation Bible School (VBS) is usually scheduled the 3rd weekend of June.
- Private Bible Study is regularly held by members in their homes to teach and encourage one another and to reach those who are lost.
- Young Women for Works Meetings are held monthly, to encourage good works and edify the promising young ladies at Mt. Washington Church of Christ.
Good Works Groups
- Card Group
- Meal Group
- Youth Group
- Prayer Group
Supporting Evangelism & Fellow Christians
- As the need presents itself, Mt. Washington Church of Christ tries to support Gospel Preachers from our area and likewise in other countries.
- We have helped our brethren financially, just as the brethren and church did in the New Testament.
- We have many men in our number that preach and teach on a regular basis.
We do not support man made institutions from the congregation treasury. We do not have fellowship halls or social programs as part of our collective work.
"11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; - Ephesians." 4:11-13